Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Yes, Mirabelle has helped me out...it just makes more sense to do 40 squares my way (adding seam allowance on the square and cutting it into for two triangles the right size), rather than the pattern's way of making 80 squares/ triangles. Will find other shorter methods as well. Like strip sewing, then cutting the rows to sew together for the blocks.

DD, so sorry to hear about your dog. Someone was not nice, and it will 'catch up' with them down the road. Yes, animals do grieve for one another, as we grieve for our loyal friends.

Do we dare ask, OksewGlad, for a show and tell after visiting with Kathy at the LQS? Hoping to see Quilted Squares tomorrow when we go for wellness check at Doctor's, down for chicken feed, and continue on to pick up cat food at Kirksville...weather permitting. Newscasters today told everyone to stay off the roads!! Noticed semi trucks going down the main highway today, making their time count while they can. More snow on the way is predicted. Side roads are not clear.

Carrie, I am thankful you stopped and called for help and not go into the ditch. Times like these, we leave the van in the garage and drive the 4x4 GMC truck. Although I was caught up once without the 4 wheel drive on and did a 360 degree turn on a highway hill after hitting ice. Somehow, I did stay on the roadway (by steering into the slide), even with the ultilty trailer on behind! And no car/truck came over the hill to hit us, so we were lucky. Turned around in the nearby rock road, put on the four wheel drive, and continued on our way.