Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 AM
gardnergal970

It has been a few days but I'm here enjoying the chatter. I had a notions fair at my LQS on Monday and came home with a couple pair of new scissors and rulers. I've been working on the mystery blocks to break them in and so far so good. I haven't posted my BB because there is a quilt on my design wall I want to get together first so this time I might be the one bringing up the rear.
Jeanie....I like your choice of sashing.
mirabelle and QNS...a long distant sit and sew! I love this group. So nice to be able to help each other and we all can look over your shoulders.
Carrie....nice you got stopped. When I went to Shipshewana earlier this month, we did wind up in the ditch! Linda had never had an accident before so she is a safe driver. We were being passed by a semi who was going too fast for the conditions and you could just feel the SUV being picked up and start to slide. She had her wits about her and turned into the slide which caused the car to turn a complete 360 just missing the end of the trailer. We did another "doughnut" in the left lane and drove into the median. No damage to either of us or the car. Took about 2 hours longer than we planned but we got to our destination and enjoyed the afternoon.
DDamsel...sad for the family dog.
QNS...I too had a laugh about the installment hugs. Hope he gets his computer soon so you have some peace and quiet.
Anael...touch is such a strong healing "medicine". So happy for you that you could do your part!
QuiltE...I too have been missing JanR. Should we send out the sheriff?
it's about 40 degrees and snowing today so there is no accumulation but it's a very nice day to not have to go out! Maybe I'll get another mystery block done and then get back to the PC.