Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM
n2scraplvr

Thanks everyone!

In rereading my script, I realized I left out a paragraph @ post #6 so here it is describing the low contrast block: I had accidentally hit the wrong key and duplicated my page's paragraphs, lost my place in pasting, and finally picked it all up but omitting this one paragraph! Whew! Tut posting can be so much fun!!

Another type block is 'low contrast'. Here's a pic of one. It is a dark meeting a dark cool color one. Another way to say that so you understand is it's a cool color of the darkest kind meeting together with a dark color from the warm color family. haha. That is a lot to explain, isn't it? Another way to say that is it's a dark meeting a dark showing little contrast no matter which color family it's from! There we go! We have it now! On the other side of that coin is a light meeting a light also showing very little contrast between the two. Out of 16 blocks so far, I only have one low contrast, but would make more to go in the quilt as they provide a lot of interest to the quilt. I like their low level way of interaction. You might say they are the quiet blocks in a quilt (the light ones only). The dark low contrast ones act as a bridge sometimes. For example, I used this block as a bridge to getting to my highest contrast block and when they are placed together, you notice it!

Attached Thumbnails low-contrast.jpg