View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Pat625

Originally Posted by pokeyscorner View Post
I think I'm doing pretty good since we started I've only bought 3 fat qtres -- oops make that 4. I'm also starting a class in march & will use from my stash as much as possible. Hopefully all of it. My husband just got laid off today soo it's going to be tight.
Sorry about the lay off..I know it is hard to maintain your quilting fix on limited income..I am on disability, so one of the reasons I needed to join the moratorium is to help save money and still quilt....I was raised to never waste anything, but when it comes to buying a beautiful fabric that might never get used, all my upbringing goes out the window!! So far have finished a queen quilt from stash, and have begun organizing scraps for scrappy quilts...The quilt I am presently working on is for a granddaughter..since I let the other 10 grands pick their fabrics, I had to jump off the wagon and take her shopping....But it is almost done, so it never added to stash...I also used tons of coupons so it didn't cost too much!! Once this is done, I hope to work on a scrappy quilt