Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

No No - the original does not have them. look again... when I was on quilt retreat a friend had individual pictures [that she was going to send me] of the original that another friend of hers had taken in Vermont when she saw the original.

But take another good look at the entire picture...the picture of the entire quilt on the cover of the book. There you can see that I-9 actually has a background border around the whole block. The top of that block is even with the point of the I-10 star and just passes the bottom [not the top] of the I-10 square. If you draw a line from the top of the top center square all the way across the row, it is the tallest thing there - same with the bottom. Did I put an extra border around I-9? hmmmm.... no I just checked if I could add one - I am not remaking it so it will be not like Jane's oh well. Back to I-10 though - it looks as though she doesn't even have sashing above or below it - H10 is smaller than H9 and H11 as well... I thinks I'm gettin too picky!!!
What I meant to say earlier was that when you look at the overall original quilt of Jane, she used the same fabric for her sashing as her background, so those four squares in I-10 seam to 'float' in the background in between the points. I will be using different sashing material than the background in that block and I vary my background from one block to another, although they are all light. So where yesterday I thought I would make the block like aunt reen by leaving those outer pieces off because it does mimic the way Jane's was made - the "look" would be different, because they wouldn't look like they "float" on the background because the sashing will come directly against it..
does that make sense??? If anyone really really wants to know what if the original has the piece or not, I will ask Barb for the picture of the original
Gus