Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Divokittysmom

Default The Fuzzy Duckling ~ Little Golden Books Quilt ~ FINISHED!!

I am sooo excited to have finished my 2nd quilt for my newest soon to be born Grandson. Mommy & Daddy requested a 'Little Golden Books' theme for baby's room. I posted the fabric panel a month ago that I would be working from. I learned sooo much on this quilt! All my 4 patch seams match perfectly thanks to the genius who posted about using a dab of washable glue to keep seams from moving when sewing! Thank you also to those who helped me figure out the size of the 4 patch in correlation to the 'book pages'. When I had all the 4 patch blocks and 'page' blocks laid out I realized I needed to add sashing between them as it was waaay too busy! I decided a simple SITD would be the best way to quilt it. I enjoyed working on this quilt very much it's so cheerful and brought back many memories about all the Little Golden Books I read when I was a child.
This quilt really made me want to do another quilt.. I can hardly wait to start another one!!!! I think I just might be a quilter after all! Thank you for taking a peak!
Attached Thumbnails il_fullxfull_398356151_f7jt.jpg   img_20130207_201628_761.jpg   z.jpg   img_20130227_171605_607xz.jpg