Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 AM
dray965

Yes, I did order the table with it. I didn't order the stitch regulator. I had seen in some earlier posts where there was a discussion about whether the stitch regulator was a 'speed' regulator vs. controlling length of stitches. Since I'd be using the foot pedal, I thought I didn't need it, if it was for speed.

Chuck told me that I could use other needle brands but that they prefered the Organ size 16 needle. I live in a rural area and would only be able to buy from them through online ordering, so it was good to know that I could use other needles brands. But I'm wondering...when I quilt on my Bernina and use a finer thread I use a size 75 or 80 in my machine...and a 90 with the Coats/Clark brand. So I was wondering about being able to use a fine thread as well as a finer needle.

Thanks for the heads up about the hair-trigger pedal. I'll be getting mine in about 2 weeks, they said and I'm planning to practice on some small things like potholders and placemats until I learn to control it. I bought it for that bridal quilt. It is sooo big that I didn't think that, even if I section, it would be anything but intimidating...want it to be a special one for my grandbaby's wedding shower.