Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

My friend emailed me the picture of the original block.... trying to get it from there to here...hmmm
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398616[/ATTACH]
that is so awesome!! glad it worked. When I was at quilt retreat with my guild 3 weeks ago one of the members was working on Jane. She had 60 or so blocks completed. She had some, but not all of the pictures with her. She told me she is in a very small group of women [3 I think] who get together once every 3-4 months for dinner and compare notes. One of them saw the original last year and took pictures of each block [how did she do that?? I dont know] At any rate, what you see here is the original I-10. I thought the print would be much yellower - it is actually a brownish print. If you check it out carefully - there really are little pieces of background against the outer edge of most of the squares, but as I mentioned in my last post before seeing this, it doesn't look like Jane actually put sashing in between all sides of her block. She did go for an overall look though. I mean there is certainly some background space to separate each block from the ones around it. If you only have the scraps and can't get more, you make do and I guess that is what Jane did - and she did it quite well!!

If there is ny way I can get hold of all of the pictures - or any others - I will share.
Gus
Attached Thumbnails r-7-img_4111.jpg