View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 AM
seamstome

Lightbulb I am stuck on a colorway

This is a little bizarre but I thought maybe somebody on here could help.

I am designing a quilt tote bag for taking all your stuff to a retreat, including embroidery hoops, matts, etc. I want to sell the pattern. Not my usual gig and not even my original idea when I made the bag. I just wanted a bag to take to class. I made the first one and took it to class. Everybody seemed to want one including the instructor and two LQS have offered to sell the pattern if I get it done.

I have made two, well the second one will be done this weekend, and done my revisions. I am typing the directions out for the pattern. Here's the problem. The first two I made I used licensed fabric and it was end of bolt type thing. 5 bucks a yard. After I bought the fabric online, THEN I saw the disclaimer on the edge. Red and black. No big loss, the first one was a prototype and had some glitches. My GF will be thrilled with it, glitches and all. The second one can be mine.

So now I have to come up with a third for the cover of the pattern and for the pictures with the directions on the inside.

But I am stuck on the red and black colorway. I just need three coordinating fabrics but I want them to photograph well and to appeal to a broad group of people.

I know we have had the discussion on here that people want to see samples in a CURRENT fabric that they can buy.

I have thought of aqua and brown but that seems to be going out. Batiks are ALWAYS my first call but that's me. I also like brights,but, in truth, if this bag is used the main color should be dark. Navy and green is my second call but I am not seeing alot of it out there. Yellow, gray and black is okay but alot of people dont like yellow

So what color combos do YOU like that I haven't mentioned or should I just do it in red and black?

This is worse than designing the bag!!!