Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Totally Straight

Smile Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Hello all my name is Randy. I'm a guy and finding that I rather enjoy quilting and wondering if I'm welcome here ??????

I enjoy camping and riding my motorcycle, but during the winter and when the weather is bad I have been quilting (trying to quilt). I have found it rather relaxing to do but it seems that my fellow guy peers have not expressed the same appreciation to this craft, and obviously poke fun about it. My screen name has two meanings and one is about my quilting....... LOL LOL When I quilted the quilts I have done (2), I have not done any sort of free motion design yet, it's all been in the ditch stitches.

I'm learning everytime I'm at the machine and sometimes my points don't meet perfect and my stitches arn't the straightest, but I'm getting better. I watch videos on Youtube to learn how to do many of the things like binding my quilts with the machine. My favorite fabric is batiks and my machine is nothing new or special. It's a basic 10 year old Singer. I have found I can do almost everything I've attempted on it, but it gets a little harder to manuver the fabric once the quilt gets real big.

Besides the two quilts I've made, I have also made coasters for my coffee table and pillows for my couch. I basicly joined this site to learn and talk with others that enjoy this as well. I guess that about sums it up for me and I look forward to reading, learning and sharing. Just don't tell my friends I'm here. LOL LOL

Last edited by Totally Straight; 02-28-2013 at 10:35 AM.