Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM
rachelg

Default So thankful for this board and needing some FMQ advice on a Brother 9050

Hi everyone! I have been here sporadically over the years. And have often come here (posting and just reading) for your valuable advice. Life has thrown me some huge curves in the last few years so my quilting time has been limited. I am a handquilter at heart..with quilt in my lap and I love it. Have never thought myself a great quilter but my children, other family, and friends who have my quilts seem to treasure them and that is what matters.

I recently bought a Brother SQ 9050. It is what I could afford. I sewed on a $99 Brother for about 20 years before it gave out and I bought another one and it was quite the dud. But I think it was just that machine and so I put my faith in another economical brother. So far I am very happy with it. I am attempting FMQ for the first time. Have made many, many sandwiches to practice on and I honestly think I have the motion pretty well. Not perfect, but not bad. But my stitches on the back are inconsitent. I don't think it is the tension. It is set at the factory 4 and I have tried moving it...but it seems best at the four. Some of the stitches on the back are fine. Others just a little loop. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? This machine has the foot pedal option and the start/stop button. Stitches seem a little better with the button.

Thank you for any advice you can offer. I have learned so much here and am much appreciative. (Have tried the 505 spray and so far absolutely love it. That is the only part of quilting I do not like...basting.)

Rachel