Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

OK so I started to work on I-10 tonight.... I think my brain has left the building... what was I thinking? First I changed my mind on the fabric after seeing Jane's. I had originally picked out a real flowery overall purple fabric - kind of lilac. I will use it elsewhere. I decided I wanted to use some kind of larger print with some olive or brown in it and I did have one large square of this. Then I just cut some 1 1/2" strips of that and the background and put together four mid sections. I machine sewed these along with 2 1/2" square of background, which I sewed to one side. I then cut a 1 3/8" square of background and made a template for the four "arrow" points. The hole left by the arrow I cut out of paper I used to audition my print fabric. I hand sewed the flat bases around the small square and what I ended up with is what you see here.... now to continue or not??? The problem is, I thought I could simply applique the unit on top of the background I created. The pattern is transferred to the points... one problem. When you have that funky center seam in the background corners, you can create a much much sharper point. If you applique the point you can never get that sharp because the fabric seams will fray... hmmm. [to be continued after I sleep!][ATTACH=CONFIG]398838[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]398839[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]398840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-i10a.jpg   dj-i10b.jpg   dj-i10c.jpg