View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Sandy1951

Well, I never had my dogs do quite that much damage to a couch, but I had kids do that! Seriously, it looked much the same as the one in the picture. And they weren't even my kids!

I was babysitting for 4 or 5 preschoolers and had to answer the phone. I could still see the living room where the kids were playing, but they were just out of sight. They seemed to be having a good time though, laughing and giggling together. The couch already had some nasty tears in it, due to a puppy that we only kept for a short time (not because he ripped the couch, but because he bit me rather badly). During the short time I was on the phone, those little "angels" ripped much of the upholstering off and pulled most of the cushioning out of the couch. I walked into the living room and stood there in shock. :shock: The mother of two of them came to pick her darlings up at that point and of course thought I hadn't been watching them closely enough. I tried to explain, but it sounded lame even to me. Oh well, we needed a different couch anyway.

Mine never got into paint like that, but our son did try to build a bomb in the playhouse. His little cousin got scared and tattled on him (thankfully).

Oh yeah, and my daughter and her little friend (the older brother of two of the couch-ripping fiends) started a fire upstairs. We saw him come running down the stairs and dash out the door to go home. So we called upstairs and asked Sara if everything was okay. She said yes, rather frantically, then ran down the steps herself and into the bathroom. She got a pitcher of water and ran back up the stairs. What are you doing, Sara? Nothing, Mom! Hmmm...time to check. Ooops, more water needed. Thankfully, it was very minor.

Kids! Ya gotta love 'em, but you also have to watch them every second!