Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM
cherylmae

Default sewingroom

If I had it to do all over again, I would put kitchen drawer cabinets along one wall, the wide ones that have the smaller drawer on top, for my threads, tools, etc. Bigger drawers for fabric.
Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Help me create my new sewing room!!! My daughter and her two girls after seven years are finally moving to their own place and I will have two bedrooms and a bathroom back. Yippee!!!

One of the bedrooms is going to become my sewing room. It's 11x11 and basically a blank slate. I need some advice about your sewing rooms and what you have found to be the MOST valuable thing that you use to get and keep organized.

I have two 'lunch' tables I can use...one is 6' long and the other is massive...gotta be at least 8' feet...and pretty rough looking so not sure I want to use it. Also have a white cabinet that I found at Target. Nothing special. Also have a couple of plastic cabinets. I have 5 FW's, 4 black ones that are for my grandchildren. My white FW is used for piecing. A 1971 Kenmore 158, a Singer 301A, and a Singer 401A in a cabinet, but I'm trying to sell this one. Also a treadle cabinet, but no machine in it at the moment. This one will probably go in the foyer. Other than that I have nothing! Even planning to put down new flooring if the carpet doesn't clean up nicely.

Help...I need your input!! What set up has worked out best for you?

Thanks much, - Julie