Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
petthefabric

This is my cutting table with lots of storage. The cabinets are from Lowes or Home Depot. They're precut, need assembly. All we needed was screw driver, hammer and wood glue. Put the white side of the back piece out. The top is a prelaminate 2'x8' cut (the store does 1 cut for free) 3" longer than the cutting mat. The store also beveled the ends so the corners are not sharp. It's placed short side against the middle of sliding closet doors. This way I can cut from either side or the end and still get into either side of the closet. The cabinets are ~19" deep, giving a 5" overhang of the top. Peg boards could be attached to the back to store templates, etc. The cutting mat is OLFA gridded mat. It's 2 sections with clips to keep them in place. (I had a wider board, but even with my long arms it was uncomfortable to cut into the middle. To cut all the way across I had to walk around.) The height is standard kitchen counter height, perfect for me, too high for my 5' tall friends. [ATTACH=CONFIG]399048[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]399049[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cutting-table-001.jpg   cutting-table-002.jpg