Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Geri B

Default Another note about periwinkle quilt from msq

So, today, I decided to finish the other two units to complete the periwinkle block w/template and foundation paper from MSQ....the first two are the ones I "fixed" to get points, so I thought, do the other two and make the whole block as a reference........so I did, then proceeded to remove the paper that I had "tacked" on w/glue from MSQ........Now this may be my mistake, as I do not use glue in piecing, this too was a first for me, but anyway, as I was removing the paper the red logo on the paper has left a shadow on the background white muslin I was using.......and a very faint mark on the colored kite too.....only on the ones that I first did a few days ago.....the ones I did today, I guess because I had just done them there was no transference from paper. So, like I said, may be my fault...should maybe have put the paper print side away from fabric....I guess if I am going to finish this project-serious doubt here-I will do it that way, and I really don't think I will use the glue. Another thing....because this is foundation, not paper piecing, the outside edges of the block are all bias......so I guess if I do again, I will machine-baste the edges of all the finished blocks before putting them together.........Am not a happy camper with this project........

With the smaller blocks from sewhooked I have done those as paper-piecing....making sure those outside edges are on straight of grain.....but those are smaller and less waste too. I think I will stick to things I know.......tonight I need an Advil!!!!!