Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Well, to update all.....This morning was reveal day at guild for these round robins. I had been up until midnight Thursday night working on this one, sewing on two sides of the border I made like the latest graphic from eparys, and writing in his journal to explain why I didn't apply it all the way around (remember, the prior border was a mess and I was thinking he might want to redo it to his own satisfaction.) Got up late this morning and rushed to get dressed, drive to guild......and realized I left the dang quilt hanging on my design wall 28 miles back home!!!!! Sigh.
Sooooooooo, as I *had* managed to pack up the rest of his box, including the two borders I didn't sew on to the top, I stood there like a fool in the front of the room and showed my border strip while everyone else showed their completed tops.
No photos were taken, I have none to show you until next month when he asked me to bring it then for show and tell. It will still be incomplete, waiting for his hand, but I will try to get a photo of it then. It really does look pretty with a deep red bar and a gorgeous, twinkly blue ribbon wrapping it, as eparys designed on page 11 here. The blue seems to be a combination of the pale aqua he used in the center as background for his cardinals, and the deeper true blue stripe in the weird borders the other quilter added.

I'm happy with it and very done with this quilt!!

Thank you all for your support and interest; I apologize for letting you down on the photos.

Jan in VA