View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM
grammatjr

I recently came in possession of ooooooooooodles of sampler books, showing curtain, upholstery, etc materials. They are bound in heavy cardboard books, then hot glued and mile long heavy staples.

I have just used a box cutter to slice out some of them, rather than trying to remove the cover and staple - tried that - once was enough - I would rather sacrifice the couple inches under the binding! LOL

The books size from about 5X9 to 14X14.

My problem lies in that most of them have a medium weight cardboard glued to the edges (to keep it nice in the display book and it lists the manufacturer, style, color code, etc).

Anyone have an idea how to remove that glue (I tried and the paper/cardboard just split, leaving a very thin layer of impossible to get off paper)?

And a second question - how appropriate, and or easy/hard would it be to combine with cotton or some other fabrics to make quilts? Becuase the fabrics are so heavy, I think many of them could get really heavy fast.

One nice thing - all the coordinating fabrics are bound together, so there is no guesswork what goes together! :-)