Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 AM
judykay

What technique do you use for your binding that you can glue the entire thing until you get to your ends? I miter my binding and don't see how I can do that, any information on making an easier binding will be greatly welcome, I am not a die hard for mitering if someone has a better way I will try it. And I always use school glue on my borders and sometimes on my seams. It started several years ago when I was making a memory quilt for my daughter from my grandsons out grown clothes and there were so many different types of fabric from knits to receiving blankets to sweatshirts etc that I had a hard time getting my seams to match and I decided to try using school glue. I was at a quilt retreat at the time and was dubbed the glue lady as no one had ever seen this before and thought I was out of my mind. I had never heard of it either but was willing to try almost anything at the time. Now I always have a bottle handy.

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Yes, yes, yes, I use Elmer's Glue to match my seams. I've always had trouble with matching seams before even when I used pins. I found the pins would distort so my seams would either be off or rounded for lack of a better term. I just put a small Trip Around the World..........going only one direction with leftover blocks using only glue and no pins. My seams matched perfectly. Sure it may be an added step but if it gets me the results I want, I'm all for it. I need all the help I can get. I also use it when I attach my binding. The video shows working on one side at a time, going back and forth between the iron and machine. I can glue the entire binding on up to where the two ends meet before going to the machine. I sew the two ends after glueing them together, go back to the iron and finish glueing the rest of the binding before I sew the entire binding on in one step.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it............:-)

Suz in Iowa