Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Sierra

Family and consumer science... Boy is that needed in these days of fat foods and exploding credit cards. We lived w/in our means (and the paychecks were very low!), ate very nutritious foods, kept enough in the pantry to carry us over emergencies.... and our kids? They spend their money on paying the interest on their credit cards!!! And they eat fatty foods and often at fast food places. They are smart, college educated (scholarships and loans which we paid off after my father died and the inheritance was enough to cover them all) but they have no overall sense of how to be smart consumers. Love them, but.... where did they come from? Glad to know that some schools teach these things!!!

p.s. My 15 year old grandson came to visit for a couple of weeks and made a quilt for his grandfather (lives in another country) who is recuperating from a stroke. He will probably be wheel chair bound from here on out, so the grandson made him a quilt with a very colorful Christian logo because the G.F. was a minister all his working years. I had surgery before the quilt was done and he finished it w/o me hovering about! He said he was "exercising my creative side"!

Last edited by Sierra; 03-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.