View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Totally Straight

Default Humble homeade sewing tables

First off I don't have expensive machines or a fabulous studio (because I'm a guy... LOL), but what I do have is a chunk of my basement to work and the ability to be thrifty.

My problem was it's difficult to sew and my hands and arms were getting sore because my machines were not level with with the table so I needed to get creative. What I did was take two old doors I had from when I replaced them in my house and traced both of my machines on the top. I then cut the middle out and built a lower platform to make the machines level with the top.

On the one bigger door I polyed the door so my fabric slides nice and easy on the door. On the other table I used some left over peel and stick tiles left over from a job I did for a friend. I can't tell you how awesome these tiles work for moving fabric. I like them so much that I'm going to do the other door soon with them. I then built the shelves/legs underneath with and old entertainment center

I'm not sure how useful this thread is going to be to the members that have great equipment, but if someones looking for an inexpensive solution to a makshift sewing table than I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails img_0096.jpg   img_0098.jpg   img_0103.jpg