Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... the butterflies are even more beautiful than when you gave us the sneak peak. The colours/threads combos are incredible and I don't think there are two alike. I think this is for your DDs birthday present, right? For borders ... what about extending the Chains to complete the diamond/square on point, like I did for my baby Irish?

Anael ... I'm so happy with the SewGrands progress! Bram will be a dressed up little man for his "birthday" today ... and there should be another photo op with the kilo banner for him!

Your floating blocks will work grand. They look a bit plain right now, but once quilted, they will float nicely and pop above. I also visualize some special quilting in the blank setting triangles to pull it all together. Perhaps a contrast thread? maybe variegated? For me, the hard part in doing all the joining as I go, would be to get the colour placements right. You are more consistent in your fabric choices, so it probably wouldn't be quite the issue. Another option would be to put the sashing on 2 sides as you go, then when you put it together, you could move the blocks around til you were happy, and just start stitching with no more sashings to be done. I started that with the PC, though when I got back to making the blocks, skipped that step in favour of getting the blocks done. The good news is that I have only about 1/2 the sashing to add and then will decide on the placement. The bad news is that if I were to do it again, I would go for a 1-1/2" finished, instead of the 1" in the pattern. That being said, you are doing the FWS and I would stick with the one inch, for sure.

QNSue ... you must have been peaking! Yes, I got your muslin yesterday, and was going to email you once I got done here to let you know it had arrived. It had arrived on Friday, but I didn't get to the PO til about ten minutes after they'd closed, so all that I got was a card saying, pick up at the counter. I didn't alert you, as til I got it I wasn't sure it was. It really is nice ... I am sure I have not seen anything like it here. I can see why so many have been posting about using it. THANK YOU! for getting it on it's way. And I'm sure the Mystery requests will be quite appreciative too!

CarrieM ... while the kids didn't qualify individually, it looks like there is still a lot to celebrate. Let's hope that they can go to Nationals as part of the team. Maybe you need to recruit some and get them excited about that? I picked up your package yesterday (see QNSue) and OMG the fabrics are all delightful. Not sure which I like the best ... OK, the panel with the farm animals and the cows both score highly!!! By chance, the cows on grass fabric, is there a plain grass as a go-with?

OKSGlad ... lots of excitement at the AGM yesterday? Got your secretarial notes put together? BTW that Makower farm panel I told you about, is well worth getting!!!!!! Don't miss out on it at your LQS or via CarrieM!

Honchey ... You asked about the squishies. I had sent JanieW a BB when I sent out the others, being that I was the one that had recruited her last year. Her enabler DH pushed her over the edge, so it was a collaborative effort! So my squishie was a BB she sent me in return, though as I noted, it has yet to arrive. Not sure of the others. And QNSue sent me some muslin, being that I was questionning about it and I am taken by it! Then, 3rd squishie was CarrieMs personal LQS shopping for me!

A pretty exciting day at the PO for me yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, if only the Canada Post huskies would get their butts in gear and deliver JanieWs!

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-03-2013 at 06:46 AM.