Thread: Help!!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Skratchie

Yay! New machines are so much fun, but don't let yourself get too bogged down in the decision. I researched for months before buying the Janome 8900 last week. To others, it would seem that it was an impulse purchase, and I guess to a degree it was since I had originally had plans to purchase on the 15th of March, not the 23rd of February. LOL And although I'd checked out the 8900 and really liked it, it wasn't really on my list of "Machines in serious running" simply because I had been quoted a price higher than I wanted to pay. But I found a good deal and since I already knew the machine would be great for quilting, and I'd had several chances to play with one, I jumped on it.

Now I'm looking for a machine for embroidery and I'm almost back to that analysis paralysis I had with the sewing machine. But I have confidence that when I'm ready to buy the machine in a couple of weeks, I will make the right decision because I've done my research and found a few machines that will work well for what I need.

Good luck!