View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 AM
kristakz

ETA: Nevermind what I said below. Look at the reply above this for the answer

The best I have been able to do is find the "square repeat" in the pattern, and then draw that as a block. Gives a lot of extra seams, and colouring the quilt takes some concentration, but at least you can see what it is going to look like. I did this with a

To try to be more clear - look at a row of your tumbler blocks. Now, take 2 tumblers side by side, and draw a vertical line through the center of these 2 tumblers. Now you have a square, with a slanted line down the middle (the division between 2 tumblers). If you lay 2 of these squares side by side (I guess you have to flip the second one), you get a full tumbler block in the middle (with a seam down the center) and a half-block on each edge. It's not perfect, but the best I've ever been able to figure out with EQ. It's not too friendly for non-square blocks. Baby blocks/lone star are my other nemesis, although I have mastered that one now.

Here's a pic - I've outlined the "block" you can draw in EQ. It seems the block is a rectangle, not a square - but I think EQ handles that OK.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399430[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tumbler.jpg  

Last edited by kristakz; 03-03-2013 at 07:12 AM.