Thread: Quilting Styles
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Skratchie

I like the modern look of quilts, and I'm glad to see that there are people willing to put themselves out there to do something different. But I usually do traditional patterns with a more modern fabric look than most folks I've seen. I am not a fan of "traditional" fabrics - repros bore me and I'm not a fan of calico type fabrics.

I am finishing up a VERY traditional churn dash for my DH - he chose the fabrics, and it's been a quilt that's years in the making because I don't like the fabrics at all. I've been toying with an idea lately to make the same quilt using much more modern fabric choices. But my next quilt has to be for my mother, who quilts herself, but made a comment the other day about how I've made quilts for my MIL, my grandmother in law, my grandmother, and my dad, but not one for her. She's not the most subtle person in the world, is she? LOL I'm trying to decide what pattern I want to make for her, but you can bet the fabric will be something I like better than the Civil War Repros my husband chose!