View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:59 AM
CarolynMT

Default Circle Attachment Table Runner

Hello all,

I want to make a quilt from hoffman free patterns, it is called Sayomi, using black/white solids for background and sashing, then use beautiful oriental fabric for the circles. Funny enough this pattern calls for the circles to be appliqued on prior to sashing. So, I start thinking and remember I have the babylock circle attachment to my sewing machine (thanks mom). Matter of fact I had 2 circle blocks started with the attachment so I could make a table runner for my grandma's antique table. Well still had the center block to do.....and like most of us thought VIOLA! I can run a sample using the circle attachment and use it as the center block on this runner. And that is what I did. I used Eleanor Burns method of fusible interfacing, stitched on (last trip around) then placed it on the block, ironed it down, then used the circle attachment again to blanket stitch it to the top. The biggest "fun" was the inside corners of the binding talk about challenging. Anyhow, long winded discussion on my pictures aside, here is the close up of the circle appliqued block, then a shot of all 3 blocks, and finally the table ENJOY!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399484[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]399485[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]399486[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0306_zps5a612849.jpg   img_0305_zps6a98e8b1.jpg   img_0308_zps410959ad.jpg