Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by path49 View Post
It's kinda hard to measure the length on a zigzag stitch since the 1st stitch is on one side & the next stitch is on the other (so the stitches on 1 side of your zigzag should be twice the length the dial says)....are you sure it's correct? If it IS correct, you're right...that makes no sense whatsoever since the feed dogs control that length too!

Oh yeah, another thing...At 0 my machine WAS correct before adjusting. It was the other #s that were wrong. But adjusting the eccentric fixed it all. In my case, my straight stitches were too long...4 stitches rather than 6 at the longest length but I could still get a nice zigzag & satin stitch...I just never actually counted the stitches on those! I could also get the straight stitch length I wanted...they just didn't correspond to the #s on the dial. That was driving me crazy....I'm absolutely anal about stuff like that!!!

I really paid no attention to my zigzag stitch when I did this...& it also works perfect. I'm primarily a garment sewer & really picky about straight stitch length for top stitching etc.

If you can locate the "adjuster", I'd try it. You can always mark it's position before you move it...& move it back if it doesn't help.
I wouldn't know where to look for that adjuster. I kinda hate to mess with it. I should shoot a pic and see what you think. I can see there is more travel room in the feed dog area than it is using.