Thread: Monograms
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Default Monograms

Vintage White Sewing Machine Company Monogram maker

I mentioned some time ago I had a little monogram dohicky. Someone asked me to take some pics and post. Well I'll try with the pics - some will stick and some might not but I'll get them up here eventually.

This little monogram maker was a gift from my sister. She knew I was wanting one and she found it at a rummage sale and thought of me. It only works with low shank machines. That rules out my 403 and 411 I love to use. So I put it on the Phoenix. The Phoenix decided not to sew today. So I got out an old 15 clone even though it does not zz. I loosened the tension a little - well a lot - the end fell off... Then I figured out there was a bit of dried up oil on the disks... Usually this machine is so reliable it isn't funny. I cleaned out the dried up oil with a q-tip - I could not see the oil but it sure felt draggy in there. Then I dropped the feed dogs. Then I put the parts on the machine per instructions. Then I sewed a little monogram. I hope pictures will show up in the next windows. I think some letters work better than others. I think a zz machine might work better than a clone. Maybe a lighter needle, too. I think I had a jeans needle in the machine.