Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
candi

Red face I sure am getting the hang of scrappy quilts-controlled scrappies that is:)

Thanks to the generous and wonderful Bonnie Hunter, I dove into scrap quilting the first time with her Orca Bay Mystery and completed that last year. This year, I followed along her Easy Street Mystery, had a wonderful time, and created my favorite quilt to date. Best part? The quilt was made 100% from my stash! I did use different colors from Bonnie's, even though I love them, just because I had an abundant of my favorite orange and yellow fabrics and thought I should use them. Added blue and light brown and wallah! A happy quilt that I call Spring Melody! Bonnie's Easy street is a larger square quilt. I wanted to make a throw quilt and prefer rectangle quilts for that, so I omitted a row on each side and designed an applique border for top and bottom-machine appliques to end up with a 65x80 throw quilt that covers me from head to toe with enough to spare..I can even share with DH This is my second scrappy quilt and I am feeling an addiction coming on! I am starting to think in FQs lol. I even utilized the scraps from the scrappy quilt ,haha, to make runners and pillows for the living room. I will start another thread to post pics of these ( I have many and excited to share lol).Thanks all and happy quilting!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399618[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399619[/ATTACH]
The back! I quilted it with swirly flowers in the center and outlined the applique in the borders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399620[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sm-1.jpg   sm2.jpg   sm-back.jpg