Old 03-04-2013, 05:16 AM
candi

Default What I did with the scraps of my scrappy quilt :)

As I was following the clues for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt Easy Street, I had lots of oranges, yellows and blues pulled out, from strips to FQs and yardage and once I finished piecing the quilt, I still had lots sitting out, so what is a girl to do? Instead of putting them back in the stash, I decided to make things for the living room- I know obsessed you'd say and I cannot deny it lol.
So I started with some left overs four patches and thought they'd make a nice background for some applique, and was in the mood to machine embroider so this topper was born lol. It measures about 29'' and I had loads of fun quilting it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399685[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399686[/ATTACH]

Then I cut some strips and made a few tube blocks and made these table runners. One is 10x40 and the other is 10x 64. Had fun quilting these too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399687[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399688[/ATTACH]

And last but not least, I made pillows! I had a about two yards of that blue/orange floral and wanted to get rid of it and that I did lol! And been wanting to play with curved piecing and got it! Love, love the retro look of my circles pillows lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399690[/ATTACH]

And this is my friends how you get rid of scraps to create some more scraps!!!! But I had loads of fun making these. Call it madness, call it obsession, I call it love
Happy Quilting y'all!
Attached Thumbnails table-topper.jpg   table-topper-back.jpg   table-runner-1.jpg   table-runner-2.jpg   pillow.jpg