Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 AM
auntpiggylpn

Hi Jeanne! Do you feel like your fabrics aren't organized? I lost my quilting mojo when I felt like my fabrics were taking me over. I got them all organized on foam core boards and placed on shelves and then there was peace in my valley! It sounds like you have too many projects that you WANT to do. I have decided that there is no way I will make everything that I want to. I do have all the elements for certain projects together in bags or boxes which keeps me from attempting to use the fabrics for another project. I have given myself permission to not do everything that I want to. The world is not going to end if I don't make a Mariner's Compass quilt, a Lone Star quilt, a Bargello, etc etc. I have a so called "bucket list" but it's really just a list of items that I would like to do but I am in no way obligated to do them! I think we as quilters put to much pressure on ourselves which is silly. It only adds to our frustrations!

As for your fabrics - put yourself on a fabric diet. Make a deal with yourself that you will make at least one project before you will allow yourself to buy more fabric. Some people are really just fabric collectors; it's like art pieces! I know that I have fabrics that I have purchased and I WILL NEVER use them because they are my favorites and I love them. No shame here! You need to figure out what will help you feel better about you and your quilting. Hang in there! We are all here for you!