Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 AM
kjohnson0523

I feel the same way and I am not getting anything accomplished. So this year, I promised myself "No new fabric" unless I needed something specific to finish a project. i got carried away with buying all of the pretty fabrics and somewhere along the way, I lost the joy of getting something accomplished. I have moved to 3 different rooms in the house, each one is bigger than the last. I have outgrown them all but when I think back, I got more accomplished in the small room because I wasn't so overwhelmed with fabric and trying to organize it. I have even went as far as apologizing to my husband because I feel like I have wasted so much money on buying fabric and gadgets without a lot to show for it. I am hoping to get a few project finished this year and maybe I can the sense of accomplishment back.
I have started a shelf with projects that are ready for me to start, like BOM's or kits for table toppers or bed runners. I have started putting my fabric on boards so I can see what I have. My sewing room looks like a fabric store has "thrown up" in there but when I am finished, in about a month, I think it will be worth it. But right now, I have to force myself in there and I have to make myself actually work on something. It has just grown to be a problem. I don't have a huge stash but it has gotten out of control and it has taken the joy of creating away from me. So, good luck and keep us informed. Let me know if you have any ideas that work.