View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Ditto!! I do the same thing with my Floriani labels.

And yes I save my points from the packaging, in the
beginning I did toss them out but that was before I
got "smart" about keeping them. In total I probably
tossed about 4-6 away.

I love the pool noodle idea but I would want something
that is not quite so "fat" something no bigger round than
maybe the cardboard tube from paper towels.

Unless I am totally missing that there are newer "skinny"
pool noodles and I just haven't seen them.
no, they are the ones from the Dollar store. You could also use the wrapping paper cardboard rolls from Christmas, etc. I like using the by the yard stabilizer (WS) not only for the obvious but also if I have skinner tear away, etc that what I need for my hoop, I first use the WS by the yd one and then put the other one on the area of the design. This helps keep it securely in the hoop and it does save money. You can use the stores coupons for the by the yd one that and along with the senior and military discounts when I go to Hancock Fabric saves me alot. I save all of my leftover stabilizer in ziploc bags with the type written on it. If I need a couple of layers of what ever, I use the spray baste to stick the second layer(that covers the design) over the the first layer of hooped WS or if I get a rip while stitching I just spray it and put some more stabilizer on it and that has saved many designs. I do use the recommended when needed like for tshirts, etc but I cut corners when I can. You can also take your WS scraps and disolve them in water to "starch" you FSL designs when needed.