Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I feel your pain sister! I went though a stage just like yours until I organized my stash and finished a few ufo's. This is the cure for those blues girl. I know it seems daunting, but, get a friend to help you and make a fun day of it. I sew a lot for charity, so I bought some patterns for wheelchair organizers and bibs for the old folks homes, and began to donate finished quilts to the drive for diabetes silent auction. There is also the animal shelter who begs people to make those little quilts to cover the wires in the animal cages for the cats. That did it for me. Helping others drives me on to use up my stash.
I also have finished many christmas presents, and quilts for my family. I was just determined not to let it get me and drove myself to produce something.

I think if you begin by just taking an hour at a time at first to devote to your sewing, you will come out of your funk. Set a timer even if it helps. You will be surprised how this will jump start you back into your love of sewing and quilting.