Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
ohmisslizzie

Default Maybe buying a Husqvarna Embriodery Designer 1- need lots of advice!

I had a babylock ellure plus, I was just learning to sew and do embriodery- well long story short I got fustrated trying to download cute online designs to the machine, had my 5th child who has a heart condition and was just too busy to mess with it so I sold it.
I have a little more time on my hands and really want to get back into it. I want a good machine, within a reasonable budget. I found this Husky Designer one on Craigslist- it has recently been looked over at a shop and is in good working order. It does not have a usb- just works on floppys- I did see that they make floppy drives you can connect to a usb to download things from the computer.
Is this machine too dated? Would I be better off with a lower quality machine new like a Brother- can you suggest machines for someone who wants to stay at or under $1000- that sews and does a great job with embriodery- that will last- and has large hoops?
This machine was originally $1000 and I got him down to $700- it includes the case some floppys, and is in good shape.
I would appreciate any advice and reccomendations on machines in my budget!!