Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Peckish

I would use something stronger than the adhesive they have on the back of those velcro strips. Gorilla Glue, maybe? My husband has a gallon jug of it in the garage, which is why it popped into my head, lol.

You should be able to find videos on YouTube of both, the Red Snappers and Mondo Clips, and also another one called Leader Grips. I've not seen Leader Grips in person, but my understanding is they are very similar to Red Snappers.

Red Snappers are a system of attaching your quilt to the leaders. You sew a casing in your leader. The inner part of the Red Snapper, which is a thin rod, goes into the casing. The outer part of the Red Snapper is a long, C-shaped pole that snaps onto the inner rod. So, you lay your top over the casing with the rod, then snap the outer sections of the snappers onto the rod. It holds your quilt onto the leader without pins or zippers.

Some quilters have struggled with Red Snappers because they find the outer section can be stiff and difficult to snap on. I have a couple of friends who have discovered Mondo Clips, which I have yet to see, but I've been told they're easier to use and less expensive.

It may take you a bit of time to figure out which system you like best. Hope this helps, and good luck!