View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
moonrise

Catching up from last week! DH took a couple of days off work, plus the weekend, for his birthday. We've been remodeling the kitchen, so I haven't been online much. I'll be glad when the kitchen's finished. It looks like an explosion happened in there!

Received F8's from: jaydee3 and dottiedodge.

Awaiting F8's from: girlscouts1, lovngrandma, Mosher92, Tracibug

Received two gorgeous blocks from jaydee3 and phannie1. Love them both!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399788[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399789[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the note, Anna! Both DH and I have lived in this area our entire lives. We didn't have any direct damage from the tornado. It really tore Ringgold up, though. We live about 3 miles from where it first touched down. We were lucky. I was on the phone with DH when it went over, and was looking out the front door. There was some CRAZY lightning and thunder going on, so I quickly moved into the hall. Even the air had an eerie, foreboding feel to it. I logged onto Facebook a few minutes after the crazy lightning stopped, and people were posting that downtown Ringgold was devastated from a tornado. It was almost dark when the tornado went through, but the photos started coming in early the next morning. The damage was unbelievable. Eight people were killed. It's a miracle there weren't more fatalities than there were, though. Here's a video someone made of the tornado passing over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSCo4PW0yk I saved all the pictures people posted on Facebook. I'll put them on a blog at some point.
Attached Thumbnails boom9-received-jaydee3.jpg   boom9-received-phannie1.jpg