Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 AM
user3587

That's funny as I just bought a tablet of tracing paper for the kids (they are into tracing and coloring spongebob pictures right now!) and thought it might work nicely. I haven't done the math, but sounds like it's cheaper. I'll try and piece and see what I like better. The tracing paper actually seems flimsier than the velum to me...
Esqmommy

I found out there are different weights. When Klue mentioned this product online, I said (to myself of course) I have some of that. Well I went to work with it. It worked but a little to hard to tear off the fabric. I went ahead and ordered what Klue had, world of difference. It was "flimsier" than what I had on hand, and worked a lot nicer. What I like about the veliumn paper is it holds up longer to all my takeouts and restarts. When I was using a different commercial paper (no names but a quilter known for her paper pieceing) it didn't hold up to my abuse and the hold thing would fall apart. Hopefully my abuse to the paper will decrease as I become more familiar with these blocks.

All I like is washing my fabrics and I'm ready for the party.

This has become a letter but I have a question about the prize. Will we take a picture and post all our blocks for that particular drawing to get our names in the pot. I want some of Klue's hand-dyed fabrics.