View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I will hem and mend for someone that I love. . I used to sew for myself but I would much rather make quilts than clothes. However I adopted a 85 pound Boxer named Olivia that I am squeezing into a too small coat to go for walks. Bought the fleece will attempt to draft a pattern off the old coat and make it bigger. Poor Olivia they don't make cute clothes for big girls!
Olivia is beautiful and has such a sweet looking face. I too have an 85 lb boxer but have been lucky enough that the local feed store carries all sizes of doggie jackets from ultra small to really extra large.
FYI: I do mend hubby's work jeans cuz its too expensive not to seeing as he works near battery acid. I just put on a large patch then darn over the holes and he's thrilled that I mend for him. I give 110% effort to mending because I can hear my grammy saying that anything worth doing is worth doing well. She'd have been proud of the latest patching efforts. I will also patch for my younger DD's fiance because he's poor enough that new or new to him pants are sometimes beyond his means.
Chris