Old 03-05-2013, 05:57 AM
BertieD

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
I love fabric and I buy it every week so yes, I have tons of it. I am in the process of sewing "making fabric" blocks to use up scraps. This is fun and so far I have 80 blocks made. I feel like the lady that made the comment about the ecomony, she'll have things to work with. This kind of thinking keeps me buying fabric for once I retire I won't have money for fabric if groceries go up and up
I bought a lot of fabric before I retired because, like you, I thought I wouldn't have the money for fabric after I retired. I retired in 1998 and I'm still buying fabric; believe it or not, there is always money for fabric somehow! LOL! I'm also stuck at the moment because my stash is terribly unorganized but I love going through "my store" when I start a new project. And I, too, have lots of UFO's, and a few quilt kits. I'm just glad I'm not the only quilter who has these 'problems.' I am semi organized and hate that word, but I can see where the quilters who get a lot of quilts made are much more organized than I could ever be! In the meantime, I enjoy buying, having, fondling my fabric! It keeps me sane and gives me much pleasure to give away the quilts I do finish every now and then. Give yourself permission to enjoy what you have.