View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Sewnoma

Default I think I've lost my marbles

I made a stack-n-whack (OBW?) quilt for my sister for Christmas and swore I would NEVER DO ONE AGAIN. It turned out pretty good (and she loved it) but the work involved just killed me and I wanted to just throw it all away at least twice.

So, being that I'm crazy, I've decided that since I resolved to put a quilt into the local county fair this year, I would (for some reason) need to do another dang kaleidoscope quilt and enter THAT.

Glutton for punishment. That's what I am. And crazy.

Here's the fabric I've decided to use...[ATTACH=CONFIG]399923[/ATTACH] It's from JoAnns, it's Legacy Studio brand, called "Polynesian Master Medallions". Lovely bright colors with metallic edging...really eye popping. I hope it looks OK in the quilt and not too busy!

Right now my sewing room is packed full of furniture (we're having flooring installed all over the rest of the house) so I can only think and plan but I'm actually pretty excited about getting started on this. For a change I have ZERO UFO's but I will probably start a couple simple quilts too because I know I won't be able to grind away on this quilt without a distraction without losing whatever small grasp I have left on my sanity!
Attached Thumbnails legacy-studio-polynesian-medallion.jpg