Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Sierra

Guess you're welcome! I like to bike (but only with pedals now), hike, kayak, all those manly things. The best part is that my hubby likes them all too.... My 15 year old grandson came up for a couple of weeks to quilt a lap robe for his other grandfather who has had a stroke. He made his first quilt when he was 8, but he did well then and now. Actually, I had surgery two days before he left and he stayed to take care of the dog and help get me up the stairs.

We decided how we were going to quilt the QIP before I went to the hospital, and he finished it perfectly by himself. Am I proud? We had made the quilt 2 sided and the sides were very different. So we made simple +s... 10 long stitches one way crossed with 10 long stitches crossing it. I've used that a couple of times for quilting hard to do quilts. It is very unobtrusive if you match your thread color to what ever fabric you are quilting over. And we did not put them in perfect order, but altered them to fit where they would look best. Just a thought about a simple way to quilt. If you worry about it being sturdy enough you can start in the center, go forward 5 long stitches and return over your stitching and do 5 long stictches in the other directions and the same with the cross stitches.

Yes, of course you are welcome. There are several men on QB. Variety is just that: Art, patterns, landscapes, scrapies... all done on your domestic or sent out to be quilted... wild, calm, funny. You may have to get a dog or cat to critique your quilt as you sew to really belong!

Last edited by Sierra; 03-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.