View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 PM
lovngrandma

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
POST OFFICE confusion or maybe a solution. Ok I had to go to the post office for international mailing. So the lady feels the envelop and says well it has fabric so it has to go as a package for over $6. I said no I don't think so, I have mailed these all along and it has never cost me that much. So the gal was real nice and asked the clerk next to her and she said no it goes with just the surcharge so it was only the regular price $1.10. So I asked her why is it different for every post office and even clerks????? She said it has to do with the machines. If the flimsy envelope with material in it does not go through the machine just right.....it cost more money. So they try to catch it before it screws up the machine I guess. Now the other day I got a grown up block from someone who put in a blank piece of thin cardboard with the square. No problem I asked my son about it and he gets mail with thin cards sent to him and they are always surrounded by thin pieces of cardboard so that they will go through the machines. So I am going to try this. I buy from teh comic store.........100 thin cardboard things that I use to wrap my material on to organize it on my book shelf. So I am going to try those and see if that works. Oh these things cost me $8.00/ 100. I was thinking that if it was sent out to others that you could collect them and reuse them on another one that you send out. Maybe that is the solution. ????
Now that is just abut what i was going through only with domestic mail, and oh check this out, i mailed for something else and this board and it took 8 days from ks to get to the UK, it took 3 days to get to china, and it took 17 days to get to North caraloina, now that is jsut wrong i think the pony ezpress would go faster in teh us if u ask me,