Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Scraps2Laps

1.My dad built a couple of floor to ceiling large standing type closets (no doors) with adjustable shelves where I store my fabric. These basically just look like skinny book shelves, and book shelves would work 2. Find old wooden boxes at thrift stores (or other places) to put fat quarters/fabric/rules/scissors etc. in. These are cheap and decorative. 3. I bought a shoe organizer that hangs on the back of a door and is designed to hold shoes on the right and the left of the organizer. It is perfect for holding fat quarters, bobbins, thread, scissors, all kinds of misc items and because it hangs on the door it doesn't take up much space. It also holds a lot of things. 4. Always have a garbage nearby, hanging off your table if possible to keep thread, pins, etc. off the floor and cleanup easier. If you can, have a garbage cut into your table where scraps can just be pushed into the "center hole". 5. Get an adjustable chair so that you can sit at different heights when sewing, ironing, cutting, reading, designing, etc. 6. Paint your room a color that you really love and will enjoy being in every day. Make sure it is warm in winter and can be cool in summer.