Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by CRH
When going to classes (or in this case, retreat) I iron a piece of light fabric to freezer paper to collect the autograph of the ?famous? person that is giving the class. Could also be used to collect the signatures of everyone at the retreat for happy memories.
ARGH!!!! This is a fantastic idea. I just wish I'd thought of it. My quilt retreat was a couple weeks ago and I would have loved to have done something like this. I'm definitely going to have to do it next year. Thanks for the idea!

Yes, make sure not to forget your sewing machine foot and plugs. :roll: Trust me, the retreat goes much better when you can plug your machine in. I learned that at my first retreat. I also forgot all my bedding. Thankfully we were only about an hour out of town so it wasn't a total loss, just embarrassing. That was five years ago and you wouldn't believe how many people still remember it & have to bring it up at every retreat meeting. :P

I know it isn't conventional but if you are the type of person who takes naps or goes to bed early, you may also want to bring a pair of earplugs and/or a sleep mask. This way, if you room with others, you won't be disturbed if the lights are on or people are making noise. I don't know how your retreat is set up but we do ours in a lodge, which means most of the gals sleep in one big room and sometimes it can be hard to sleep. Especially with all the ladies who snore! I think it must be a requirement that in order to be a quilter you must also snore. :lol: