View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:39 AM
schoolteacher

Default wall board

I have put the flannel backed tablecoth onto a styrofoam insulation board and the cloth holds the pieces. I have two insulations measuring about 6 ft. by 4 ft. and with the two I can put a king size quilt on it. Put some pins in it and you're good to go. Very practical and inexpensive.

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Hi all - I'm working to convert a spare bedroom into my sewing room. It's 11'x11' and the one wall I have already earmarked for a design wall is behind the door and to the closet, probably about 6' wide.

Just wondered what are some of your ideas to make it an efficient and practical design wall. I've seen the F&P design wall you can buy and hang. Then I read on one of the reviews to make my own wall by purchasing a flannel-backed plastic tablecloth using the flannel side and hang it with grommets and the 3-M removable hooks. It would be just as good and not as expensive .

What are some of your ideas?

The room is getting steam-cleaned today, just to see if the carpets are worth keeping. If not, we will be laying down a laminate floor. Thinking about taking off work on Friday to get started decorating it! Can't wait to start making more quilts with in my new sewing room!!