View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
qwkslver

Originally Posted by Canada Kate View Post
Waiting for me in my in-box this morning was an email from fabric.com advertising hundreds of fabrics for $4.95 a yard. I need more fabric like I need a hole in the head. $120 later (includes shipping to Canada), I bought 18.5 yards. Which for Canada, works out to $6.20 a yard and that's an excellent price. I justified it by deciding that I needed some colourful pink quilt backs for some baby girl quilts that I am making. I added some backing for baby boys, backing for a kit that I have coming in the mail, and a black and white stripe that I want to use for binding some baby quilts.

I've never subjected myself to a fabric morotorium, but I see that many people adhere to the "only buy more fabric if I need it for a specific project" rule. Since I know where all these are going, it's allowed, right? Because the armoir where I keep my stash is jammed and I have no place to store this new yardage that's on its way...I just want someone to tell me it's OK.
Sew real hard and use up some you already have, that's what I plan to do cause I am expecting a nice "surprise" from Fabric.com too (and Connecting Threads, and Joann's, and who knows where else).