Old 03-06-2007, 04:51 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Hey, all. I have been wanting to make iron on patches with my embroidery machine. These would be especially great for areas on clothing that can't fit in the hoop. BUT I don't know what to embroider the designs onto. I know something like the iron on stabilizer would be great if I could get it double-sided and iron one side to the back of the material with the embroidery, then I could iron the back of it onto the shirt or whatever. BUT...if it was 2-sided, would it get hot when I ironed the design on and not stick when I wanted to iron it on the project? I've also thought about using the iron on stabilizer backward. For example, I could use the iron-on stabilizer like you use the tear away kind. keep the sticky side on the bottom, then embroider. That way I could iron the entire "patch" on. BUT....I don't know if the iron-on kind would be strong enough. I've also thought about putting some fabric glue behind the "patch" before ironing, but how would I do that? Would I need to glue it, then let it dry, then iron it? I could also stitch a little here and there around the edges by hand to make sure it stays. This all seems like a lot of work, and there must be something out there I could use. OR maybe there is something out there specifically for this. I am not very familiar with stabilizers and these things. I'm just getting started with those. BUt, does anyone know what the ! I'm talking about!? :lol: TIA!