Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 AM
debs

Default Fabric Packs--Charm, Layer Cakes, Strips, etc.

I love buying charm packs, layer cakes, strips, mini charm packs, etc. but I don't buy the patterns that manufacturers suggest to use with them. I'm a Fabric Fanatic!
So my question comes from how do you put the fabrics together? Do you stitch them together just as they come from the pack or do you spread them all out, mix them up & then put them together.
If you use multiple packs do you take them in order, then the next pack in order also, etc.
I'm guessing everyone will do something different, but I usually pull out the pack & then get bogged down trying to decide how to use it. One day I'm all for sewing it together just as it comes, next day I look at it & think no-- I'll do all the same patterns together-- next day I want all the same colors together. So I end up putting it back in my stash & doing some other project!
I doubt there is any right or wrong way, just what a person wants, but I am curious what others do.
And do the manufacturers patterns usually tell you how to sew the pack pieces together or not.

TIA for any input here.