View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
bookworm22

Default Hello from abroad

Hello all, while doing research for my latest and huget quilt project I found you and I am full of hope I can learn a lot from you all here.

My name is Marion, I live in Southern Germany and I´m married to an American.

I used to do a lot of cross stitching on clothes earlier but when my hubby and I visited the biathlon world cups in Northern Maine in 2011 our guest mother showed me the world of quilting and I instantly fall in love with it. Whe gave me some of her magazines to take home with me and learn from them and we bought some fabrics, so back home I got me a sewing machine and started quilting my first quilt. Made a lot of mistakes but learned from them.

Last year I got a new sewing machine from my hubby - a Brother Innov-is 350 SE.

Meanwhile I finished 4 quilts - more the less easier ones and last week I started cutting the fabrics for my newest, biggest and hardest project - a bedcover for hubby and me that we found in one of the magazines - it´s in the colors of the American Flag and hubby fell in love with it. To match to our bed I have to do the quilt twice and connect them with a blue fabric in the end when I did all the quilting. I plan to be ready in 3 years, because I work fulltime and only be able to work on the quilt now and then.